When it comes to using SMTP on your cPanel Server, it can be a challenge. This is mainly due to the ISPs (Internet Service Providers) which make it extremely hard for end users of web hosting services to send emails due to spam filters that they impose. So it becomes necessary to change the SMTP port that your cPanel server uses to ensure that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) will not block your cPanel's outbound mail server. Below, we have defined how to change the SMTP port on your cPanel server:
How to change the SMTP Port:
- Login to your WHM (Web Host Manager) on your cPanel server
- Scroll down until you come to "Service Configuration"
- Then click on "Service Manager"
- Scroll down until you see "exim on another port"
- Check both of the boxes before these words
- In the box that is there, input 26 (if it is not already there).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
This should resolve the issue that you are faced with, when it comes to sending emails outbound using your cPanel mail server. Generally, ISPs don't block other ports apart from 26, so this should be a permanent fix for your cPanel hosting environment. However, if you do run into any issues with the aforementioned solution, please contact our support department at firstname.lastname@example.org and our engineers will be glad to take a look further.