Changing a domain name within your cPanel VPS hosting service isn't complicated. However, it needs to be done in a step-by-step process to ensure that the process is completed correctly. Please follow the steps outlined below:
- Login to the cPanel VPS WHM (The login information is in your welcome email).
- Select "Modify an Account" on the left menu under "Account Functions" within WHM.
- Select the domain you wish to edit and click the Modify button.
- Replace the primary domain name from the textbox called "Domain" with the new domain.
- Confirm changes by pressing on the save button.
That's it. The domain name has been changed on your cPanel VPS hosting account. You should be all set.